Who we are
Optimetriks is revolutionising the way distribution in Africa is managed. We are building a platform that connects all the actors of the distribution ecosystem: Consumer Goods companies, distributors, sales rep and outlets. Our clients use our products to identify leads, streamline & digitise their route to market, gather market intelligence and more. We are a tight-knit team with common ambition to build technology that disrupt distribution in Africa.
We are looking for a finance and legal officer interested in international challenges, startup environment, and eager to work with Optimetriks founders on the company (and its African subsidiary) finance, legal structure and fund raising.
- Manage accountants / auditors and ensure you meet financial accounting objectives
- Assist founders on the fund raising and the reporting to investors
- Budget tracking and project finance reporting
- Organise and implement the whole set of daily activities of the accounting department, such as accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, fixed asset activity, month-end and year-end procedures, trust account statement reconciliations, treasury, budgeting, payroll, etc.
- Improve and maintain optimised accounting practices
- Organise and review annual audits
- Create and maintain fiscal documentation
- Experience of working on an Accounting / Finance position
- Master Degree with specialisation in Finance
- An entrepreneurial mindset, ability to be autonomous and detail oriented
- An interest for working in Africa
- Fluent in French and English
What we offer:
- A 6 months internship or apprenticeship position
- A unique and differentiating experience in the most dynamic area of Sub-Saharan Africa
- The opportunity to manage a business, be exposed in business development and in charge of operations management
- A potential evolution to a permanent position
- Trips to Africa (mainly Kenya)